Monday, March 31, 2008

Building begins




This morning I was introduced to the Art Department. Wendy and Jaimey helped get me acclimated and introduced me to some key people. I met a team of great artists today whom have been gathering materials for the past several weeks. Dan and Jeff were really helpful in getting some lumber ripped and sorted. Much of the materials came from Re-use Hawai'i which is an amazing resource for this project.

We tracked down the trailer from the Science and Engineering department. Jaimey borrowed a truck from Al to tow the trailer, he is a student in the glass department. Its kind of amazing how everyone is willing to chip in, lend a car, move some materials, drive you to the hardware store...

After work Jaimey, Jeff, Jean, Sarah and I hit up Jimbo's, a really amazing Japanese noodle shop. The good food vibe is still flowing. Tomorrow we are making another trip to Re-use Hawai'i before a long day of building. I think we should be able to get a lot done in the next few days.

No comments: